Michael Craig-Martin Deckchair
Buy this limited edition deckchair, designed by Michael Craig-Martin and contemplate anew the humble banana. A colourful and original piece for you to while away summer days in the garden, or perhaps to hang on the wall as an unusual artwork.
Michael supports the Royal Parks, as he believes they give London its special quality. The city is unimaginable without them. He donated this deckchair design to Deckchair Dreams in 2013.
I normally only draw images of everyday man-made objects. I chose to draw the bunch of bananas because more than most natural objects they look ‘designed’ in our sense as much as in nature’s. They seem to me to be the perfect example of Nature’s Grand Design.
Michael is a renowned artist of international stature, with work in the collections of museums including the Tate, Centre Pompidou in Paris, and Museum Of Modern Art in New York. An influential teacher at Goldsmiths College in London, he is considered instrumental in the emergence of the Young British Artists in the early 1990s.
A limited edition of 250 of each artist's design are available to buy. Sturdily made from a solid, sustainable Merpauh wood frame with a quality artist’s woven canvas, you can enjoy using these deckchairs for years to come.
- Solid Merpauh wood deckchair frame (from a sustainable source) hand finished with natural Teak Oil
- Printed artist’s woven canvas, suitable for outdoor use
- Deckchair dimensions when flat = 130 x 60 x 6cm
- Each deckchair is made to order so can take up to three weeks to be delivered, but we aim for your order to reach you sooner
- Deckchair orders are dispatched on next day delivery; we will notify you when they have been dispatched.