Angie Lewin Deckchair
Printmaker Angie Lewin has designed a deckchair that brings the wild beauty of country meadows to a garden, deck or patio near you. A sophisticated design on a comfortable deckchair, it will make a beautiful addition to your outside space, an occasional chair indoors, or could find pride of place as a piece of art.
I wanted to create a design that conveys the feeling of being amongst native grasses and wild flowers so that the sitter might feel transported beyond the green space of the park to the depths of the countryside. I interpret “Nature's Grand Designs” in my work by close observation, often exploring the structure of an insignificant weed can be as inspiring as an exotic specimen.
Angie has designed fabrics for Liberty, and completed commissions for Penguin, Faber, Conran, Merrell and Picador. She donated a deckchair to Deckchair Dreams to support the Royal Parks Foundation in 2013 because:
I lived in London for many years and enjoyed the opportunity to spend time in the city's parks. These vital green spaces allow city workers and visitors alike to take a break from the concrete, stone and glass - and feel the grass beneath their feet.
A limited edition of 250 deckchairs of each design are available to buy. Made from a solid, sustainable Merpauh wood frame with a quality artist’s woven canvas, you can while away restful hours on these deckchairs for years to come.
- Solid Merpauh wood deckchair frame (from a sustainable source) hand finished with natural Teak Oil
- Printed artist’s woven canvas, suitable for outdoor use
- Deckchair dimensions when flat = 130 x 60 x 6cm
- Each deckchair is made to order so can take up to three weeks to be delivered, but we aim for your order to reach you sooner
- Deckchair orders are dispatched on next day delivery; we will notify you when they have been dispatched.