Alex Williams (2) Deckchair
Alex Williams is a film animator and cartoonist based in London. Over the last two decades Alex has worked on films such as The Lion King, Harry Potter and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Through his love of London's Royal Parks, Alex came up with a unique design based on the wildlife at the Royal Parks.
All our limited edition deckchairs have been generously designed by artists, designers, celebrities and children through Deckchair Dreams, a fantastic public art adventure, to celebrate the trees, wildlife and other rare and wonderful things of London’s eight Royal Parks.
About his design Alex told us:
I was inspired by the beautiful colours of the wood pigeons that live in the Royal Parks; not the feral pigeons that crowd the urban environment but their rural cousins, much prettier and with much bolder colours, living in the parks on a natural diet of nuts and seeds. When they walk they seem to march in an almost military fashion; here they have taken up their instruments and are marching to the bandstand in Hyde Park.
You can now buy one of these deckchairs either for your home or for that special gift. Each deckchair has a limited quantity of 250, so secure your design by one of the world's most gifted animators today!
- Solid Merpauh wood deckchair frame (from a sustainable source) hand finished with natural Teak Oil
- Printed artist’s woven canvas, suitable for outdoor use
- Deckchair dimensions when flat = 130 x 60 x 6cm
- Each deckchair is made to order so can take up to three weeks to be delivered, but we aim for your order to reach you sooner
- Deckchair orders are dispatched on next day delivery; we will notify you when they have been dispatched