Andy Harper Deckchair
The work I made for the deckchair was part of an ongoing series of paintings engaged with the idea of evolutionary theory. Predominantly an exploration in mark-making, the paintings develop an ever changing vocabulary. Earlier paintings relied on the repetition of a single and simple brush stroke to yield a mono-cultural field of grass. Over the last three years this simple process has diversified. The marks and combinations of marks form into images of a much more fantastical terrain. As the paintings adapt and change over time, each manifestation depicts an unnamable world, with the most recent works attempting to picture the future natural.
A limited edition of 250 deckchairs from Andy are available to buy, so to avoid disappointment, buy yours today and help support the Royal Parks.
- Solid Merpauh wood deckchair frame (from a sustainable source) hand finished with natural Teak Oil
- Printed artist’s woven canvas, suitable for outdoor use
- Deckchair dimensions when flat = 130 x 60 x 6cm
- Each deckchair is made to order so can take up to three weeks to be delivered, but we aim for your order to reach you sooner
- Deckchair orders are dispatched on next day delivery; we will notify you when they have been dispatched.