Summer Horse Carriage Rides 2018 (28 Jun - 1 Jul)
- 28 June - 1 July 2018 , 17:00 - 17:00
- Holly Lodge, Richmond Park, TW10 5HS
- £125 per pair
Midsummer in Richmond Park is a glorious time, and now you can experience the park like never before on a traditional carriage drawn by our majestic Shire horses.
This 90 minute experience begins at Holly Lodge, Richmond Park, where you’ll be met with summer refreshments. You’ll learn all about our conservation and community work, and you’ll meet our gentle giants up close and personal. You then take your place in the six-seater Park Brake carriage for an hour-long ride through the park in all its midsummer beauty!
The rides take place from Thursday 1st June to Sunday 1st July 2018. On Thursdays and Fridays you can book evening twilight rides at either 5pm or 6pm. On Saturdays and Sundays rides are available at 11am, 12pm, 2pm and 3pm. Please ensure you book the correct time and day.
Proceeds from the horse drawn rides will help fund sustainable conservation initiatives with the working Shire horses in The Royal Parks.
Important booking information:
- The purchase of one £125 ticket admits two people on the ride.
- The cost for exclusive use of the whole carriage is £375 - please purchase 3 pairs of tickets if you wish to have the whole carriage to yourselves.
- Children aged 8+ are welcome, accompanied by adults on a 1-2-1 ratio.
- Ticket price includes summer refreshments before the ride.
- We regret that because this is a traditional vehicle we cannot accommodate wheelchair users.
- We operate in all-weather unless the Park issues a safety warning so please check the weather before you come and dress appropriately.
- Due to the lengthy preparations needed to ensure the working Shire Horses and the carriage are ready, tickets are non-refundable.