South Camden Community School Deckchair
About the Deckchair
This deckchair has been designed by South Camden Community School as part of Deckchair Dreams, a fantastic public art adventure, to celebrate the rare and wonderful things of London’s eight Royal Parks. These GCSE students focused on the heronry in Regent's Park and also spent time looking at the Japanese-styled island in Queen Mary's Gardens.
In 2008 we invited students, aged 5-15 from different London schools, to get involved in Deckchair Dreams. They visited their local Royal Park and worked with our artist Gayna Pelham, plus our fabulous education staff and volunteers, to discover the rare and wonderful things all around them. After sketching in the Parks, the pupils worked on their deckchair designs back in the classroom.
Our judging panel then had the tough task of choosing a winner from each school to be part of the collection. This was one of the winning designs. Made from a solid, sustainable Merpauh wood frame with a quality artist’s woven canvas, you can enjoy snoozing on these deckchairs for years to come.
- Solid Merpauh wood deckchair frame (from a sustainable source) hand finished with natural Teak Oil
- Printed artist’s woven canvas, suitable for outdoor use
- Deckchair dimensions when flat = 130 x 60 x 6cm
- Each deckchair is made to order so can take up to three weeks to be delivered, but we aim for your order to reach you sooner
- Deckchair orders are dispatched on next day delivery; we will notify you when they have been dispatched.