Notting Hill & Ealing High School Deckchair
About the Deckchair
This deckchair has been designed by Notting Hill & Ealing high School as part of Deckchair Dreams.
Notting Hill & Ealing High School is an independent day school for girls aged 4 - 18 located in West Ealing, London. They prepare girls to take advantage of all the opportunities which life offers them, fostering a sense of pleasure, and enjoyment in everything they do, while learning to understand and contribute to the wider community. What better way to do this than with a visit to a natural habitat in the heart of London: Hyde Park.
In 2010, we invited five school groups in the UK and three groups in China to take part in. They visited their local Royal Park or the Shanghai Botanical Garden accompanied by our professional artist Gayna Pelham, plus our education team and volunteers, to look at plants and trees and explore the similarities and differences between UK and Chinese parks and culture. After sketching in the parks, the pupils worked on their deckchair designs back in the classroom. Our judging panel then had the task of choosing a winner from each school to be part of the collection.
This was one of the winning designs a butterfly flying through the greenery and endless space in Hyde Park.
- Solid Merpauh wood deckchair frame (from a sustainable source) hand finished with natural Teak Oil
- Printed artist’s woven canvas, suitable for outdoor use
- Deckchair dimensions when flat = 130 x 60 x 6cm
- Each deckchair is made to order so can take up to three weeks to be delivered, but we aim for your order to reach you sooner
- Deckchair orders are dispatched on next day delivery; we will notify you when they have been dispatched.