Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee School Deckchair
About the Deckchair
This deckchair has been designed by Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee School as part of Deckchair Dreams. All pupils at QE II School, aged between 5 and 19, have profound and multiple learning difficulties with special educational needs. These educational needs are provided for, alongside therapeutic support, by the school. QEII is located just off the Harrow Road in Maida Hill and the majority of pupils come from Westminster.
In 2010, we invited five school groups in the UK and three groups in China to take part in. They visited their local Royal Park or the Shanghai Botanical Garden accompanied by our professional artist Gayna Pelham, plus our education team and volunteers, to look at plants and trees and explore the similarities and differences between UK and Chinese parks and culture. After sketching in the parks, the pupils worked on their deckchair designs back in the classroom. Our judging panel then had the task of choosing a winner from each school to be part of the collection.
This was one of the winning designs and a multitude of leaves adorn this brightly coloured deckchair.
- Solid Merpauh wood deckchair frame (from a sustainable source) hand finished with natural Teak Oil
- Printed artist’s woven canvas, suitable for outdoor use
- Deckchair dimensions when flat = 130 x 60 x 6cm
- Each deckchair is made to order so can take up to three weeks to be delivered, but we aim for your order to reach you sooner
- Deckchair orders are dispatched on next day delivery; we will notify you when they have been dispatched.