St. Mary’s & St. Peter’s CE Primary School Deckchair
About the Deckchair
This deckchair has been designed by St. Mary’s & St. Peter’s CE Primary School as part of Deckchair Dreams, a fantastic public art adventure, to celebrate the rare and wonderful things of London’s eight Royal Parks.
In 2010, we invited five school groups in the UK and three groups in China to take part in. They visited their local Royal Park or the Shanghai Botanical Garden accompanied by our professional artist Gayna Pelham, plus our education team and volunteers, to look at plants and trees and explore the similarities and differences between UK and Chinese parks and culture. After sketching in the parks, the pupils worked on their deckchair designs back in the classroom. Our judging panel then had the task of choosing a winner from each school to be part of the collection.
This was one of the winning designs and the waterproof black ink and acrylic white paint were all that were needed to depict the wild habitat of Bushy Park on this chair.
St. Mary's & St. Peter's CE Primary School
St. Mary’s and St. Peter’s is a voluntary-aided Church of England school based in Teddington. It is one of the oldest schools in the Borough of Richmond, having been founded in 1832 but not quite as old as Bushy Park, the Park they chose to visit, which has been settled for at least 4,000 years! Year 4 pupils took a day out from the classroom to be inspired by the 450 acres of wonderful green space.
- Solid Merpauh wood deckchair frame (from a sustainable source) hand finished with natural Teak Oil
- Printed artist’s woven canvas, suitable for outdoor use
- Deckchair dimensions when flat = 130 x 60 x 6cm
- Each deckchair is made to order so can take up to three weeks to be delivered, but we aim for your order to reach you sooner
- Deckchair orders are dispatched on next day delivery; we will notify you when they have been dispatched.