D&B Disability Group Deckchair
About the Deckchair
This deckchair has been designed by the D&B Disability Group as part of Deckchair Dreams, a fantastic public art adventure, to celebrate the rare and wonderful things of London’s eight Royal Parks.
In 2010, students from the D&B Disability Group visited their local Royal Park accompanied by our professional artist Gayna Pelham, plus our education team and volunteers, to look at plants and trees and explore the similarities and differences between UK and Chinese parks and culture.
After sketching in the parks, the pupils worked on their deckchair designs back in the classroom. Our judging panel then had the task of choosing a winner from each school to be part of the collection.
This was a winning design and displays natural coloured seeds printed using polystyrene as a tool.
- Solid Merpauh wood deckchair frame (from a sustainable source) hand finished with natural Teak Oil
- Printed artist’s woven canvas, suitable for outdoor use
- Deckchair dimensions when flat = 130 x 60 x 6cm
- Each deckchair is made to order so can take up to three weeks to be delivered, but we aim for your order to reach you sooner
- Deckchair orders are dispatched on next day delivery; we will notify you when they have been dispatched.